Growing food demand in China, especially for premium quality food, represents a major opportunity for businesses from Australia and China. To maximise this potential, Australian food producers and the agricultural sector need a deeper understanding of what these emerging trends really mean. Australian businesses can contribute agricultural resources, know-how and logistics, while Chinese partners can contribute capital and access to distribution systems within China.The challenge is developing the commercial arrangements that best suit both partners in these ventures.
The Summit will bring together more than 350 participants with commercial experience and expertise in agribusiness. A delegation of 25 food buyers and investors from China will attend.
Items in the program include:
- A keynote address by The Hon. Barnaby Joyce MP, Minister for Agriculture
- The launch of the Summit background paper by Former Trade Minister, Dr Craig Emerson
- Practical case studies on investment, trade and innovation
- Panel discussions with industry experts
- A two course seated lunch
- Networking opportunities with visiting Chinese investors and food buyers and other attendees
The full program is here:
Early bird tickets can be purchased here: http://events.ticketbooth.com.au/event/AustraliaChinaFoodSummit